Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Voices in my head

Growing up I always had voices in my head. So very man stories that I wanted to write about. People and places and scenes that played out and there was never enough time to write them all down. I spun so many stories that my stories bled into each other. Sequels, trilogies, series. So many different stories and characters spilling out of my head and yet sometimes the same ones would pop up over and over again.

It was my passion, what I wanted to do with my life. I knew I would write and have best sellers and sell millions and people would get lost in the worlds I created just like I got lost in them.

There aren't so many voices anymore. They faded over time, with age though I'm not that old. Now the voice in my head is mine and I find there is only one story that I want to tell. There are a million stories out there about Army wives. There is even a television show. There aren't my story though and I am more than just an Army wife. So I am writing my story. About being me, about being a wife, about being an Army wife, about being a mom, about being a daughter and a sister and a dreamer.

If I close my eyes I can still hear a couple of those voices. I can still play out the scenes and tell the stories in my head. Fiction is great, but there's nothing like reality and I have had one hell of a journey so far. Maybe not that many people would care, but I know I do. So maybe it isn't a best seller. Maybe it won't see millions. But it is still my passion.

Besides, sometimes the most important voice in your head is your own.

No comments:

Post a Comment