Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Simply disgusted

As a mother my heart is broken by what I have witnessed today. Casey Anthony was found not guilty of murdering her two-year-old daughter Caylee 2008. I believe it was a sad display of justice.

The world around me has erupted in disbelief and anger over this verdict. It seems to me that only the 12 jurors, the Anthony defense team and a handful of other people believe this woman to be innocent. I keep hearing the prosecution didn't do their job in proving their case but I disagree.

The woman's little girl was missing for over a month before she even mentioned it to anyone. She lied about having last seen her with a babysitter that didn't even exist. She admits the little girl drown in the pool but then she wrapped her in trash bags and duct tape and threw her in the woods like trash? Then to go about your life partying and going out while her child was still "missing?" How can anyone not believe she, at the very least, had something to do with the death of her daughter?

I am heartbroken and disgusted by this whole case. As a human being, a woman, and a mother this sickens me. This beautiful innocent little girl who wanted nothing more then to be loved had her life ended heartlessly by someone who was suppose be the one to love her. She did not ask to be born and had her mother decided she did not want that joy or responsibility then there were options open to her. She had grandparents that adored her that surely would have taken her in. If that weren't an option then there is always outside adoption. There is never a reason in the world to hurt your child.

I feel let down by the American justice system. Or maybe I feel let down by the human race. That a mother could do this to her child. That men and women could let her get away with it. That should someone decide to take this matter into their own hands and find justice for Caylee then they will end up in jail instead of the true monster.

I have no faith in mankind anymore. We have given up on each other and ourselves. I pray for Caylee. May she know the love and peace now that she missed out on in her far too short life.

No comments:

Post a Comment