Friday, October 28, 2011

One step at a time

So here we are four years after the accident that changed my life. The doctor says there is no medical reason for the pain I have been experiencing and since the pain has past I'm going to chalk it up to a passing injury. Maybe I pulled something or hurt it in a way I didn't realize. Regardless, I'm feeling better now and that's the most important thing.

I did learn a few things. One is that the smaller bone on the outside of my leg never healed. Funny, the surgeon told me it would heal without them having to do anything. I'm not worried though because it's not a weight-bearing bone. I also learned that my ankle has begun to show signs of ware. Kind of like when your tires start to lose their tread. I guess my ankle is losing some of it's tread. I knew something like that was a possibility. You don't do the kind of damage I did and not have long term consequences.

The good news is I am starting physical therapy next week. I need my mobility and my strength back because with every passing day Angel gets closer and closer to walking. In no time I'm going to be chasing my little boy around like crazy and I won't miss out on that because of a stupid injury.

I'm excited about this. I'm excited about being able to walk without pain, to run around the park, to be normal again. Or maybe not completely normal but very close. I'm excited to be a mom who has fun with her little boy.

Things are looking up for me. I may have my bad days just like anyone else but things are definitely looking up. I just have to take it one step at a time.

No comments:

Post a Comment