Monday, October 31, 2011

Happy Halloween and Blessed Be

Growing up I was like most kids. I loved Halloween for the candy and the costumes. It was always so much fun trying to figure out who I wanted to be and how much sugar I could get my hands on. As I got older it lost some of it's appeal but I still enjoyed it. I was never the teenager that went to costume parties so I lost myself in my younger sister's enjoyment of the holiday.

When I found my religion I found a new love for today. Samhain, the Wiccan new year. Its a day of new beginnings for me. I still loved the costumes and candy but I also found I loved new aspects of myself in that day because of my religion.

Today though was a new beginning of a different kind. Today I got to take my beautiful blessing and the world's cutest dinosaur, my son Angel, trick or treating with my husband. Today I celebrated the day with my family. I got that joy back I had as a kid. And even though Angel had no earthly idea what was going on and can't eat any of the candy he got I know today was important for my family.

Five years ago I never imagined I would have this experience in my memories. To walk about around army post housing with my husband carrying our almost ten-month-old is a dream come true for me. Watching my little boy stare at all the strange beings walking around was so funny. Seeing my husband take so much pride in how cute our son looked was so touching. Knowing they are my family is my miracle.

Though recently I have lost touch with my religion, today reminded me why I have faith in my beliefs. I am going to make an effort to find my way back to my beliefs and to show gratitude for those that control our fates. They gave me this beautiful blessing that was tonight after all.

Happy Halloween. Happy Samhain. Blessed Be!

No comments:

Post a Comment