Friday, November 4, 2011

Bits and pieces

So it was recently pointed out to me by my fabulous cousin, Lindsey, that I'm a lot more creative then I realized.

I know there are a millions little bits and pieces that make up me but I suppose sometimes I forget about some of them. I'm a writer by heart. I have been since I was thirteen years old. I can remember the exact moment I decided that was who I wanted to be. I'm also a photographer (though not nearly as good as my baby sister who does it professionally). I can still picture the first photograph I ever took that made me think that was something I really enjoyed. After ten years working with children I am a master at creative kid art. I have the pine cone ornament I hang on my Christmas tree every year that I made in high school with my first class. Crayons, paint, glitter, string, glue, macaroni. You name it and I can create something with it. Or at the very least help a really cute kid create a really cool picture.

There is something that I forget about on a regular basis though. Something I've been doing since I was five years old. My grandmother, my dad's mother, taught me how to crochet. When she passed away years ago she left me rolls and rolls of unused yarn so that I could continue to do what she had taught me. So here I am at almost thirty-three and I have continued to create with the skill she passed on to me. My son came home from the hospital wrapped in a blanket I made him. My niece spends her weekends playing with the purple blanket I made her before she was born. I'm in the process of making my previously mentioned cousin, Lindsey, a blanket for the little girl she is expecting. (Speaking of Lindsey, you should follow her blog. She's kind of awesome. http://morethanamommydiary.blogspot.com/) I love crocheting. I love creating something that someone can wrap themselves in. I love creating something that you can wrap someone you love in. I'm good at it too and I like getting compliments on my talent and I like that people appreciate the things I make.

So when my awesome cousin suggested I should sell the things I create I thought why not. I love doing it and you know what they say. Do what you love. So between being a wife, a mom, a writer, a photographer, and everything else I'm not making blankets. Find me on Facebook if you're interested. Wrapped In Love http://www.facebook.com/pages/Wrapped-In-Love/305100199517230.

Anyone the point in this post is to say thank you to Lindsey and to point out that there are a million bits and pieces to who we are. Don't forget about the ones you might not use every day because sometimes those are the pieces that make you the most interesting person in the world.

1 comment:

  1. Yay! So glad you finally decided to sell. I'm sure it'll take some time to really make any money but just keep it up! And look into patterns for hats, scarves, booties, etc...they are super popular right now! And one more thing...TEACH ME!

    ReplyDelete