Saturday, May 14, 2011

I'm right. You're wrong. Any questions?

When my husband and I began dating in 2007 he got me a t-shirt. It was the very first thing he ever bought me and it had to do with a joke between us. It read "I'm right. You're wrong. Any questions?" I still have that shirt to this day and we still share that joke because I am always right... about everything. At least I like to think so.

Sometimes in life there is no right or wrong. Sometimes something is said or done and the following events get so out of control as to have nothing to do with what was said or done originally. People get angry and in turn others get angry on their behalf. Things get said and done in the confusion that sometimes no apology can make up for. Sometimes things get said and done that though may require an apology you can not offer one.

I am not always right though don't tell my husband. In this instance though I can not say I was wrong or right. Perhaps I could have used different words but what I said was not untrue. Simply rougher maybe then I had intended. From those original words though came hurt feelings and from those hurt feelings came defenders and somewhere in the middle came conclusions that were in themselves untrue. Sometimes we do things in anger that are wrong but if the anger is felt for the right reason is it still wrong?

The answer is yes.

Before I go any further know this: This is my blog. This is where I write my thoughts and my feelings and my experiences. I am sharing these things with the world because I choose to and am fully aware that anyone can read them and from them anyone can draw their own conclusions. You don't have to like what I say. You don't have to agree with what I say. Most importantly though, you don't have to read what I say. My intention is never to hurt anyone else but this is my blog.

Now to anyone choosing to read this you should know I am sorry for what happened. Though I can not take responsibility for what others have said and done I can take responsibility for myself. I said some things I should not have after jumping to a false conclusion. They were said in anger but also not directed toward one specific person. I am sorry for the anger, the disrespect, and the hurt.

I stand by my Mother's Day post because it was written to express to the world how happy and grateful I am to be a mother and nothing else. As for the one that followed, it will remain up because it was written with an honest feeling but under a false impression. Sometimes it's okay to let the world see your mistakes.

I'm not always right. I'm not always wrong. I have lots of questions.

2 comments:

  1. Now that tha's settled. I know I could have been nicer about how I said certain things to people in your family but I was so angry that they caused you pain. Anyway I love you and I'm glad we are done with this drama.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like that you (or I actually) can take what you've written and apply it to many situations besides the one it was written for... thanks for that!

    ReplyDelete