Sunday, May 1, 2011

Sometimes the truth hurts

Sometimes the truth hurts. Sometimes it hurts you and sometimes it hurts me. And sometimes it hurts everyone involved and sadly there is nothing we can do to change that. When you are learning to be who you are really meant to be there is a lot of pain involved. I have hurt people and disappointed them and maybe burned a bridge or two in my past. Honestly, though I have been hurt, disappointed and had people burn my bridges as well and I hold grudges. I know I shouldn't. I know it isn't healthy. I know others have forgiven me my mistakes while I still hold on to the ones they made againt me. I know it is wrong and yet I think it somehow makes me stronger to rememeber how others have wronged me. I also thinks it makes me bitter and I hope not to pass that along to my family.

Twenty years ago I was perfect. Or at least I did everything I could to be what others thought was perfect. The perfect student, daughter, friend, sister, insert title. I did what everyone wanted me to do and was absolutely terrified of anyone who did what they wanted to do.

Ten years ago I was who I wanted to be (at least I thought so), but was disappointing everyone in my life. I was searching for my place in the world and making as many mistakes as possible along the way.

And now I know this is who I am meant to be. No one is disappointed. No one is getting hurt. My mistakes are the good ones. And best of all, this me is one I never thought I was meant to be.

So sometimes the truth hurts, but in the long run the pain makes us stronger and it makes us realize that the truth is a whole lot easier to handle then the lies when you know who you really are.

No comments:

Post a Comment